I declare that I am a certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005.
- I understand this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that have not been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either the Financial Conduct Authority or the Financial Ombudsman Scheme; and
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- I am a certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to today’s date;
- I have made at least one investment in an unlisted security in the previous two years prior to today’s date;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to today’s date, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises; or
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to today’s date, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.